I’ve written a few posts already about my work with Dove Chocolate this summer. In the spring I was lucky enough to visit their chocolate factory in Elizabethtown, PA. I also helped to promote the launch of their latest flavor, Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl. Today I have my final post as part of this summer’s Tastemakers Ambassador Program and I’m bringing you three chocolate recipes that highlight Dove: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brownies (shown above), Mint Chocolate Shortbread, and Chocolate Cherry Tartlets.
One of the many things I love about Dove Chocolate is that you can use it as you would any standard baking chocolate. It tempers perfectly and can be added to baked goods or used as a ganache. I was very pleased with how it easily incorporated in all of my chocolate recipes. I know you’ll enjoy them as much as I did!
These dark chocolate raspberry brownies are dense, soft and fudgy. Each bite hits you with intense chocolate flavor and a subtle raspberry finish.
Yields 9 large or 16 small brownies
1 hr, 5 Prep Time
15 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 5 ounces Dove Dark Chocolate (or 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3.3 ounces (1 bar) Dove Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl
- optional- 2 ounces Dove Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl, chopped finely for garnish
- 4 ounces Dove Dark Chocolate (or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 mini phyllo pastry shells
- 12 cherries, pitted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (plus more as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper. Grease the pan with butter or baking spray.
- Heat the Dark Chocolate and butter together in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water and stir until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sugar and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the jam, followed by the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the brownies to come to room temperature before slicing into squares.
- Cream the butter, sugar and salt in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts and then lower the speed. Slowly add the flour until the dough is evenly combined. Briefly mix with a spatula to make sure all of the flour has been incorporated.
- Roll the dough tightly in plastic wrap, flatten and chill in the fridge for at least an hour or the freezer for 20 minutes, until the butter is firm.
- Roll out the dough to around 1/2 inch thick between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Using a small round cookie cutter (1 1/2 - 2 inches), cut the dough and then place the cookies on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Roll the excess scraps in a ball and repeat the process until all the dough is used. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the cooking at least 1 inch apart (2 baking sheets might be required). Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature.
- Melt the Dove Mint Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until melted. Using a pastry brush, spread a thin layer of chocolate on top of each cookie. Alternately, you can dip the top of each cookie into the chocolate.
- If using, sprinkle finely chopped Dove Mint Chocolate on top of each cookie. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
- Heat the Dark Chocolate and cream together in a small heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each phyllo shell.
- Heat the cherries and sugar in a sauté pan over medium heat, swirling the pan frequently to prevent the cherries from burning. If the cherries aren’t very sweet, add an additional 2-3 tablespoons of sugar.
- One the cherries have darkened slightly in color and released some of their juices, remove from heat. Place one cherry in each tart shell.
When you get a moment, make sure to visit Dove Chocolate on Facebook and like their page while you’re at it!