I’ve written a few posts already about my work with Dove Chocolate this summer. In the spring I was lucky enough to visit their chocolate factory in Elizabethtown, PA. I also helped to promote the launch of their latest flavor, Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl. Today I have my final post as part of this summer’s Tastemakers Ambassador Program and I’m bringing you three chocolate recipes that highlight Dove: Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brownies (shown above), Mint Chocolate Shortbread, and Chocolate Cherry Tartlets.
One of the many things I love about Dove Chocolate is that you can use it as you would any standard baking chocolate. It tempers perfectly and can be added to baked goods or used as a ganache. I was very pleased with how it easily incorporated in all of my chocolate recipes. I know you’ll enjoy them as much as I did!
These dark chocolate raspberry brownies are dense, soft and fudgy. Each bite hits you with intense chocolate flavor and a subtle raspberry finish.
- 5 ounces Dove Dark Chocolate
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch brownie pan with parchment paper. Grease the pan with butter or baking spray.
- Heat the Dark Chocolate and butter together in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water and stir until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sugar and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the jam, followed by the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the brownies to come to room temperature before slicing into squares.
If you read this blog on a regular basis you know that I’m a shortbread fanatic. This is my standard shortbread recipe with the addition of peppermint extract and a mint chocolate ganache. Sprinkling chopped chocolate on top is completely optional. It doesn’t change the flavor or texture; it just adds a bit of minty green color.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3.3 ounces (1 bar) Dove Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl
- optional- 2 ounces Dove Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl, chopped finely for garnish
- Cream the butter, sugar and salt in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts and then lower the speed. Slowly add the flour until the dough is evenly combined. Briefly mix with a spatula to make sure all of the flour has been incorporated.
- Roll the dough tightly in plastic wrap, flatten and chill in the fridge for at least an hour or the freezer for 20 minutes, until the butter is firm.
- Roll out the dough to around 1/2 inch thick between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Using a small round cookie cutter (1 1/2 - 2 inches), cut the dough and then place the cookies on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Roll the excess scraps in a ball and repeat the process until all the dough is used. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the cooking at least 1 inch apart (2 baking sheets might be required). Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature.
- Melt the Dove Mint Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until melted. Using a pastry brush, spread a thin layer of chocolate on top of each cookie. Alternately, you can dip the top of each cookie into the chocolate.
- If using, sprinkle finely chopped Dove Mint Chocolate on top of each cookie. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
These dark chocolate cherry tartlets are a perfect summer party dessert. They take very little time to prepare but are impressive to look and and bursting with flavor. You can find mini phyllo shells in the frozen section of most grocery stores.
- 4 ounces Dove Dark Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 mini phyllo pastry shells
- 12 cherries, pitted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (plus more as needed)
- Heat the Dark Chocolate and cream together in a small heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each phyllo shell.
- Heat the cherries and sugar in a saute pan over medium heat, swirling the pan frequently to prevent the cherries from burning. If the cherries aren’t very sweet, add an additional 2-3 tablespoons of sugar.
- One the cherries have darkened slightly in color and released some of their juices, remove from heat. Place one cherry in each tart shell.
When you get a moment, make sure to visit Dove Chocolate on Facebook and like their page while you’re at it!Don't miss future updates from Savory Simple! Subscribe to new recipes by email. You can also follow me via RSS, Facebook and Twitter.