Curried Pomegranate Pistachio Quinoa
Pomegranate seeds are one of my favorite winter ingredients. I love them in salads, cereal, oatmeal, sauce, you name it. Now that spring is just around the corner I’m trying to use them while I can. I bought some pomegranates the other day not knowing exactly what my plan was for them. I stared aimlessly into the pantry and came upon leftover pistachios from my pistachio cardamom hot chocolate. Inspiration struck! The tart sweet seeds would contrast perfectly against the earthy crunchy nuts, both in flavor and color. So here we are.
This salad is healthy, fast and full of flavor and texture. It’s naturally vegetarian and gluten-free (it can also be made vegan by swapping the honey for light agave nectar).
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey (see note)
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup toasted pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, lemon juice, curry powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the quinoa and toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in the pistachios, pomegranate seeds and green onions.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.