I love deviled eggs. They’re a simple party appetizer that can be prepared in advance and served at room temperature. That’s exactly the kind of small plate I’m interested in serving while entertaining guests. But I also really love keeping them around for a flavorful, high protein snack. These Boursin Deviled Eggs are one of my new favorite midday treats. They’re rich, cheesy and indulgent. But more importantly, they keep me full until dinner time.
I’m sure you could substitute plenty of similar cheeses for the Boursin in this recipe but I don’t have any to recommend offhand. I love Boursin and have used it for years (this is not a sponsored product placement, by the way). It’s a soft, creamy spreadable cheese from France that comes in a variety of flavors. I used the Garlic & Fine Herbs variety in this recipe to add some spice while keeping the ingredient list simple, but feel free to experiment with the other flavors. Note: when I’m making this recipe for personal use I cut the ingredient list in half or even quarter it. 12 eggs is ideal for a party. 3 to 6 eggs is plenty for just us.
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 cup Garlic & Fine Herbs Boursin Cheese
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs (optional)
- To hard boil the eggs: bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Gently add the eggs and cook them for exactly 12 minutes, then place them directly into an ice bath until cool. Peel the eggs and slice them in half using a sharp knife. Scoop the egg yolks into a bowl, being careful to leave the whites in tact.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mash together the egg yolks, greek yogurt, Boursin cheese, salt and pepper. Scoop the mixture back into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the eggs and place them under the broiler. Toast the breadcrumbs, watching carefully to make sure they don’t burn, approximately 2-3 minutes.
More Egg Recipes
Savory Simple – Horseradish Deviled Eggs
Savory Simple – The Perfect Soft-Boiled Egg
Savory Simple – Baked Eggs and Chorizo
Pineapple and Coconut – Lobster Scrambled Eggs with Wasabi Hollandaise
The Beeroness – Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet
Damn Delicious – Breakfast Taquitos